Some other facts about Josephine Baker (Freda Josephine McDonald)
- She first married at the age of 13
- She danced alongside Ethel Waters at the Plantation Club in New York City
- She tried to bring her career to America in 1936 but the racism forced her back to France
- She was a member of the Free French forces during WWII
- She also worked for the French Resistance during WWII. She smuggled messages in her underwear and music sheets.
- She was awarded the Croix de Guerre and the Legion of Honour for her work with the French military
- She was married 4 times
- She adopted 12 children from around the world
- She attended the March on Washington and was one of the speaker’s
- In 1973 she finally got to perform at Carnegie Hall in NYC
- Princess Grace of Monaco was a friend of Josephine Baker
- Josephine Baker died in her sleep of a cerebral hemorrhage on April 12, 1975 at the age of 69
- Over 20,000 people attended her funeral procession in Paris
- May 20th is Josephine Baker Day as declared by the NAACP because of her Civil Rights work
(Fuente: biography.com, vía the-milk-eyed-mender)
When you’re in the middle of writing a sentence and accidently press send
(Fuente: tfwpanymphmoved, vía ruinedchildhood)
"sexuality is a choice"
"women wouldn’t get raped if they didn’t wear revealing clothes"
"there are only two genders"
"i’m not trying to be sexist/racist, but.."
"a/bi/pansexuality isn’t real"
"gay people shouldn’t have children"
"i don’t want to be friends with a gay person, they could hit on me"
"you can’t identify with the gender you want to be, only the one you were born with"
(Fuente: clarallile, vía overlordmal)